1441 pizzeria

As I am writing this, the website of 1441 pizzeria claims that they have 21 outlets all over India, with 17 in Mumbai region (15 in Mumbai and 2 in Navi Mumbai), 3 in Pune, and 2 in Surat. I passed by the Powai outlet quite a few times before on my way to work, but never thought of ordering from there as I confused it with Francesco's pizzeria. It was over the weekend that I decided to try their pizza, and I liked it so much that I ordered twice in the two consecutive days. I had the 5 cheese pizza on the first day, and it tasted good. The second day saw me order garlic bread with cheese, smokey cheese doughballs, and a hot and spicy pizza. My wife gobbled up the garlic bread and left nothing for me. I do not know how it is, but she liked it. The smokey cheese doughballs came with barbeque sauce and a cheese dip. The cheese dip tasted nice, while I found the barbeque sauce to be very strong. It was a good starter, and it paved my way for the hot and spicy pizza, which is one of the spiciest dishes I have ever had. It rivals the paneer chill pizza of Eva's pizza. The simplicity of the toppings, with some jalapenos, some green chilies, and red paprika is in stark contrast the overload of paneer and green chilies of Eva's. The dough of their non-thin pizza was less aerated, which means that the base was flat, and toppings stand out, and one feels less bloated at the end of the meal.

Overall, I am satisficed with the quality of the of food served, and recommend this restaurant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bayroute

Francesco's Pizzeria

Doolaly taproom